Institutional Membership is open to companies, institutions and enterprises such as stock exchanges, regulators, investors, companies, rating agencies, stock price index producers and law firms, whether based in Europe or elsewhere.
For academic institutions, such as universities, business schools, research centres, please see the page for Academic Institutional Membership.
The main benefit of ECGI institutional membership is access to leading research from prominent scholars around the globe. ECGI research members are multi-disciplinary (law, finance, economics) and located in Europe, USA, Asia and elsewhere. ECGI members are notified by alerts when new papers are published, event reports, and other communications. ECGI is also known for organising high quality events around the world. Our roundtable series is specifically focused on developing engaging events for our institutional members (academic and corporate).
Other benefits include:
- Belonging to a global network that is a home for all with an interest in corporate governance.
- Receiving communications regarding academic papers, announcements and events relating to corporate governance – multiple team members can receive these communications.
- Attendance at the Annual Members’ Conference (no charge), including a lecture, dinner and more.
- Priority for speaking opportunities, sponsorship opportunities, or attendance at private events.
- A dedicated profile page on the ECGI website which has over 5,000 monthly users and also a dedicated profile page for each individual team member.
- Affiliation with ECGI and the implicit recognition of being an institution that takes corporate governance seriously.
- Contributing to a corporate responsibility programme by being supportive of leading research at top universities around the globe.
Access to Events
A list of past and future events is available here.
Many of our events are by invitation only (particularly the academic conferences), however if there are any events that you as a institutional member are particularly interested in, you can contact us at any time and we will investigate the possibility of attendance. We will also share materials (papers, slides, videos) from our events with our members whenever possible.
The Annual Members’ Meeting usually takes place in Spring (as an example, please see the 2018 event programme on the ECGI website here). All members are welcome to attend this event (currently free of charge) and it is a good opportunity to meet with other members, learn more about ECGI’s plans for the future, and engage with leading scholars.
Institutional Profile Page
Institutional members have a dedicated profile page on the ECGI website which has over 5,000 monthly users. This may consist of an institutional profile page and also a dedicated profile page for each individual team member.
An institutional profile page may contain the following information:
- Institution name
- Institution logo
- Contact information & institution website
- Description field – about the institution
- Free-form text field
- Profile of individuals associated with the institution - each linking to separate profile pages.
- Documents & links section – papers, brochures, research, events etc can be added to this section.
- Related ECGI news items – highlights events, news, videos on the ECGI site that are connected to the institution or its representatives.
- The page can be managed and edited by a designated person at the membership institution.
See here for a current list of ECGI institutional members.
Here is an example of the events in the roundtable series:
- Loyalty Shares (US) hosted by NYU (7 December 2018)
- Technology and Corporate Governance hosted by Allen & Overy London (26 November 2018)
- Shareholder Ideology and Stewardship hosted by Hermes Investment Management, London (25 October 2018)
- Loyalty Shares (Europe) hosted by Jones Day, Brussels (18 June 2018)
- Long-term impact of institutional ownership on governance and sustainable investment (India) hosted by the National Stock Exchange of India (13 November 2017)
- ECGI Roundtable on Board Level Employee Representation Hosted by Imperial College , London (25 October 2017)
A full list of events is available on our website here: https://ecgi.global/content/event-list
You can also find some useful information about ECGI at the following links:
The cost of Institutional Membership is currently EUR 2,500 per annum (excluding VAT).
(correct as at November 2018)
If you are interested in institutional membership of ECGI, you can email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to provide additional information as required.