- Associate Professor of Finance
- ArcelorMittal USA Undergraduate Faculty Fellow in Finance
- Ph.D., Washington University in Saint Louis, 2005
- Stefanescu, Irina, Yupeng Wang, Kangzhen Xie, and Jun Yang (2018), “Pay Me Now (and Later): Pension Benefit Manipulation before Plan Freezes and Executive Retirement,” Journal of Financial Economics, 127(1): 152-173.
- Beneish, Daniel, Cassandra Marshall, and Jun Yang (2017), “Explaining CEO Retention in Misreporting Firms,” Journal of Financial Economics, Volume 123, pages 512–535.
- Xu, Jin and Jun Yang (2016), "Golden Hellos: Signing Bonuses for New Top Executives," Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 122, pp. 175-195.
- Faulkender, Michael and Jun Yang (2013), "Is Disclosure an Effective Cleansing Mechanism? The Dynamics of Compensation Peer Benchmarking," Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 26, pp. 806-839.
- Baranchuk, Nina, Glenn MacDonald, and Jun Yang (2011), “The Economics of Super Managers,” Review of Financial Studies, Vol 24, pp. 3321-3368.
- Yang, Jun (2010), “Timing of Effort and Reward: Three-sided Moral Hazard in a Continuous-Time Model,” Management Science, Vol. 56, pp. 1568-1583.
- Faulkender, Michael and Jun Yang (2010), “Inside the Black Box: The Role and Composition of Compensation Peer Groups,” Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 96, pp. 257-270.
- Baranchuk, Nina, Philip Dybvig, and Jun Yang (2010), “Renegotiation-Proof Contracting, Disclosure, and Incentives for Efficient Investment,” Journal of Economic Theory, Vol. 145, pp. 1805-1836.