Assonime was established on November 22, 1910 and, according to art. 2 of its Statute, has the objective of studying and addressing issues directly or indirectly affecting the interests and the development of the Italian economy. To this end, the Association:
- works to improve industrial, commercial, administrative and tax legislation, with particular regard to the discipline of companies, also in relation to the trend of production activity;
- works for the cultural elevation of the economic environment and for the better knowledge in Italy and abroad of the legal order and the Italian economic situation, also through periodical or monographic publications;
- Promotes the protection of the collective interests of the associates;
- Informs associates of legislative and administrative provisions as well as information on special measures of foreign, industrial, commercial, administrative and tax purposes;
- Performs and promotes, also in connection with other institutions, studies and publications on law and economics and carries out the collection of data and news that may affect the associates;
- Provides related clarifications and instructions on industrial, commercial, administrative, tax and currency legislation.